Of good pedigree
The roots of Vogtland BioMühlen GmbH go back a long way into the past – right into the 19th century. Nowadays, the company is a modern family business with two external partners.
Much has changed over time. At the same time, many things have remained the same over the generations. Respect for nature, for example. Dedication to modern technology. Or the proximity to regional producers.
A mill with tradition
- The Plauen mill has been owned by the Hering family since 1874 and is now in the fifth generation.
- In 1972, the mill was nationalised.
- In 1990, the company was reprivatised with the subsequent establishment of Vogtlandmühlen GmbH Strassberg.
- In 2005, grinding capacity was increased and the grinding system was modernised.
- In 2007, the owner family founded Vogtland BioMühlen GmbH in conjunction with two external shareholders.
- In 2007, the cleaning system was modernised
- In 2014, construction of a new grain silo plant 4 x 150t
- In 2014, refurbishment of the grain receiving site
- In 2015, construction of the new flour silo plant
- In 2018, inauguration of a new warehouse with fully automatic packaging lines for 1 kg bags and 25 kg bags
- In 2018, construction of new social rooms for the employees